Sivasri Foundation is a Trust that was formed for the specific purpose to raise resources through networking among like-minded people and organizations. The project was begun by a set of individuals committed to the cause of primary education in the Public Schools of the State of Karnataka. It is being implemented in close co-ordination with the State Government and its agencies.
- Improve learning levels in the Public education system,
with quantitative targets and time schedules.
- Adopt modern teaching techniques and aids.
- Work in collaboration with the Government and from within
- That any meaningful effort needs to be from within the
system, using its strengths and overcoming its
Sikshana Aims at:
- Improvement of learning levels in the Public education
system, with quantitative targets and time schedules.
- Adoption of modern teaching techniques and aids.
- Working in collaboration with the Government and from
within the system.
- Mobilization and deployment of resources, concentrating
on core essentials and avoiding frills.
- Using a zero overhead system in the conveyance of
- Applying management concepts commonly used in other
sectors- such as budgeting and targets, accountability,
return on investment, motivation and non-fiscal reward
- Developing a sustainable model for replication on a wider scale.
Sikshana is all about improving the quality of education in the state-run schools so as to provide an opportunity for children from the lower strata of the society to raise their living standards. In the process, we expect to make a dent on the negative image of the Public school system. The exercise is also aimed at developing a sustainable model which lends itself to replication at higher levels.