- Special school for mentally challenged that serves around 80 plus children at present. It promotes child health and rights, inclusion and empowerment of persons with disabilities and families and provides free services.
- Supports 65 children, and 5 teachers
- Directly reaches 70 individuals annually
- Project Type Children With Disabilities in rural Telangana. Supported by Asha since October 2011
- More details on this project - budget documents and a recent visit summary - can be found on the Asha Website
MANASA is a non-profit voluntary organization working for the welfare and integration of intellectually challenged by implementing various programs for their development. It all started with the initiative of few responsible mothers who wanted to make a difference. Before 1990 there were very few special schools in Hyderabad for intellectually Challenged. The existing schools could not cater the needs of many Intellectually Challenged. The services to train an Intellectually Challenged child are very expensive and not within the reach of a common man.