Swadhar's aim is to support women to become independent in spirit, in thought, in action and have full control over their lives rather than be the victim of othersâ€™ actions.
To take up cases of women who are physically or mentally ill-treated and offer them counseling as well as guidance to secure legal, medical and financial help whenever needed.
Â· To offer protection, support and shelter to women in distress in order to enable them to become self-reliant and financially independent.
Â· To provide financial support for education and training programs for girl students and women.
Â· To work for the development and welfare of the underprivileged children, both boys and girls.
Â· To organize lectures and workshops to make the society aware of the atrocities committed against this under-privileged group.
Â· To create social awareness about a womanâ€™s independent identity and womenâ€™s rights in co-operation with like-minded individuals/organizations.
Community center for underprivileged children and young adults.
Target group: drop-outs and corporation school-going children, adolescents and their parents
in the slum areas of Bibvewadi area in Pune.
The community center's goal is to provide several activities through the day as follows:
- The day will start with Abhyasika (study period) from 8am - 10am, supervised by a teacher.
- The Non-formal education classes and Balwadi will be held from 10am-2pm.
- Training for adolescents will be provided from 2pm-4pm. The vocation chosen for the training will vary depending on local needs and interests.
- A library service will be open from 4pm-6pm.
- Finally, the day will end with another session of Abhyasika from 6pm-8pm.
This model for the community center is currently being implemented at one location in Bibvewadi (sponsored by Wipro). This link has the photos of the center: